Saturday, July 11, 2009

5/29/09

...here comes good-bye.I can't get these words out of my head after today. I started with my fair wells. I didn't think I'd be sad leaving this town, but this is home. These are the adults who've poured out all they are into my life. They shared part of their lives with me, and taught me. Some of these teachers have watched me grow up: from the sixth grade until now. They've seen me go from tomboy to cheerleader, and watched me figure out who I am. And now, they see the confident girl I've become. And others have been there for me when I wouldn't let anyone else. And one teacher, she is the one who presented me with this opportunity. I can't lie. I left the great hall with a huge smile on my face. We were all laughing and cutting up with each other, and I was so excited to talk with them. When I got into my car, though, I was a little reluctant to drive away. These are the people who I love. The ones I didn't realize I'd miss. The ones who I have to thank for helping me see my potential, and to take myself seriously. I can overcome the circumstances that could possibly present themselves. And I can take away from this many lessons I'll never learn again.To my teachers:Thank you. I love you. I will miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment