Sunday, August 2, 2009

Vineyards at night with city light all around.

I'm going to start out with a thank you. I am able to report that with the prayers, Kath and the teamers not letting me leave my Wohnung, and only being able to eat carbs I'm healthy again, and I'm watching how much of different things I'm putting into my mouth.

My Wohnung is a mess, and I need to do laundry so so badly. The washing machines are like mini in relation to the American ones. They're super cute. :)

I want all the Trinity gang to know that I have whooped some tail in Tisch Fußball...fußball is what y'all call it. Turns out you tend to get better when that's all you have to do in your free time. Hahaha. I'm sad to hear about all your wrecks and storms. I send my concern and a wonderful hug.

A few days ago we had this challenge here at the Schloss where we were given an egg and 4 1/2 hours to trade up for the egg. So we took ourselves with our little German knowledge and hit the town. Not only did we get all this random stuff, but I have to say I made the best freaking memories that day. Madaline, Caty, Andrew, and I were in a group and in the end we ended up trading our egg for a Jacob, and yes this is a person. He's 15 1/2 and we were talking to his Oma telling her what we were doing, and she invited us in for juice and plums and cookies. It was the sweetest time we have had yet!

The cool part though was that we cherish Jacob, but we also recieved two bottles of wine and a bottle of champiane in the process of trading up from our egg. So now I have a really nice gift to give my host mom for her birthday.

I went to Charley's pub on Friday night with all the CBYX students, and we had a blast, and I enjoyed dancing and drinking my cola. Haha. Then we took a trip down the Rhine River on Saturday. I ate a bite of Döner which was amazing. Mucho yummy. :)

We went out last night too, and that was fun. I tripped on the grape vines coming back up from the vineyard. I decided not the walk 45 minutes to church this morning, but I'm about to go have a bible study with the girls in my wohnung.

1. Know that I miss you so much. You picture is in my room. :)
2. You've been on my mind. I hope you're doing alright.
3. When I told the teamers why I wore your "ring" as the called it around my neck, they cried. Serious tears in Kath and Anna's eyes, and they said you've got good friends.
4. They tell me I'm cute here and the love my facial expressions.

I miss you all. How's Red R fool?
Siest du später!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment