Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Not a lot happening.

Well I'm finishing up my next full month in this new country that feels so much like home to me. Oh, I really think I want to come back sometime in my college career. How cool will that be if I do get to come back!

Sad thing is life is just life. I don't really know what to tell you is happening. I know that everyone wants to know how I am doing, and what I am doing, but the truth is life isn't much different than at home in the States. Yeah, okay it is, but what I mean is that I have a routine here, just like back in good ole Miss'ssppi.

I get up, get ready, go to school, hang out with my friends, and joke around. I ask way to many questions, and always make way to many mistakes in German. I am not so good with my talking, but I have learned that giving up isn't an option. I want to be completely fluent, and so I am determine to master this language. (Even Germans sometimes mess up there speach.) Yeah after school I go home, eat, and then if I have a club or something I go. Every night at 7:40 I watch Guten Zeit Schletten Zeit with Doris and Maike. (That's a GERMAN soap.) And I do my homework somewhere in between all of that.

So life is stable. I am making friends, that I am hoping to have for a very long time. I love this place, and I love these people. I love this language even though it kicks my butt.

I guess the newest update is that I with my parents help am trying to help my host sister be an exchange student next year. She's adorable, and hopefully if everything works out with all of our countries and paper work, she will be living with us next year. I think everyone involved in the process is starting to get their hopes up. If God is willing, I really would love her to come. That's two years straight living together. Ha.

But we get along just fine. :)

Yeah. I struggle with the same things that I always do.... as I was recently told: I am a girl, we struggle with that. Ha. Talked to mom and dad both this week, and it was good to hear both of their voices.

Wanting to live for the Lord.
-Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment