Friday, September 25, 2009

So give up, or are you ready to do what you came to do?

That's the question I keep asking myself. I love this place, these people, and this city. But we all get frustrated with different things in our lives. Some with cars, others with people, and others with food. Pick your thing. In every situation there is always something new to handle.

I was on twitter because it's a site that not many people have me on. Somewhere I could totally vent, and then I came acroos this from Louie Giglio: "For us, Passion = the degree of difficulty you are willing to endure to accomplish the goal. (Think Jesus on the cross)." And it really made me think. It's time to stop being a baby, deal with life like an adult, and push through. This is my ONLY year to live as an eightteen year old in Germany. (For those of you who are worried, I haven't become stupid with my decisions.) But really. Didn't the Lord call me to this place? Didn't He promise to never leave my side? Didn't He say He would quite my spirit when all is in chaos? Didn't he promise safety and heath? I believe He did promise these things.

Not to say that He promised these things with an easy year, or to say that He promised everything to go perfect and be perfect. That isn't the case. He never promised that. He never said I would have a place to lay my head, or a that taking up my cross every day wouldn't sometimes wear me out. He never promised that my cross wouldn't get heavy. He just said to do it. "Take up your cross, and follow me."

I will continue to serve, and to love these people in every way I possibly know how. I ask God to show me ways to show these people love. I will continue on this journey. I will not give up.

It's like when I am riding my bike about two miles to the church on Thursdays or Sundays. My legs are burning, I have trouble breathing, my peadling isn't as fast as when I first started, but I can see the street light. I can see the street I have to turn right on to, and then it's flight, level ground. I pretend I am three, and still watch Thomas the Train. I really do say " I think I can I think I can I think I can" in my head until I have made it up that hill. I make my turn, and the keep going until I get to the church parking lot where my bike get speed by itself. I don't have to peadle anymore. God will take control just like gravity and the force law from Phyics takes control on my bike.

Perserving and enduring what ever comes my way in faith in JESUS CHRIST.
-Michelle.

No comments:

Post a Comment