Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I tried to tell everyone this would happen before I left.

I'm am sorry if I seem to be short with any of you from back home. It is not anything intentional. My responding shortly in few words was, in my thought process, better than not responding at all. So to remind you, I have 10 classes. Between three and four per day, and that isn't three or four like in America. That is double periods of everything that I have every day. And then I go home, and eat lunch. Where we then sit down with Oma and Opa for coffe or something. Then Maike and I begin or homework which because there is a thick language barrier I take a while longer doing easy assignments. On Tuesdays we then go from one place to another for music school, and choir. On Wednesdays and Mondays I tend to ride bikes and talk with Doris. It our way of bonding. And then on Thursdays I go to orchestra with Maike. Friday I do my own thing and go to Choir at the school. And then I hang out with friends, or we go somewhere as a family.

I again appologize that I have been short, but you have to bear with me. I am in a forgein country with a headache daily because I am trying so hard to understand things that I don't understand yet. You try having the equivilant of Holifield -Scotts class in German. Or for you Germans who might be reading this...everything you know...trying doing it English. I promise you think it's easy. But it's harder than it looks.

I know Rome wasn't built in a day, but you also have to realize that I am trying really hard to balance what is enough time corresponding in the broken English I have, and what is better for my head not to hurt here. Believe it or not, going back and forth from German to English or English to German right now gives me serious headaches. Sometimes I can't even convey how I feel.

But right now, I am astonished even though I said and said and said and said and said....(see how redunant that sentence is becoming?) and said and said that my correspondence back would be slim that you are acting like I should be calling and writing long messages every day. I am sorry that I can't sit down and write everyone. Or you everyday. But FYI, I don't message dad every day and have only spoken with him three times since I have been gone. I have responsibitly here just like I did in the States. I help with dishes, and watering the flowers, and doing hedges, and vaccuuming and whatever is asked that I can do to help.

Again I apologize, but I have plenty of stress here with trying to learn a new language. All of this will be worth it in the end, and me talking and thinking so much in English is hurting my head. I need sleep because I haven't slept well for a few nights. I do enjoy it here, and in the end it's like i told Rolf. All of the stress and frustrtation i have in school right now will be worth it at midyear when I can understand a complete siminar in German.

I have people here that I never would've met if i was here now. I am thankful for this new extention in my family. For the friendship(s) i am making, and for what the Lord is doing in my heart. But please understand why the blogs aren't long and why my emails are short. I am tired, and my days are long. Forgive me for this tagent also. It was needed; I really think that.

No comments:

Post a Comment