Saturday, September 19, 2009

I put on my application that I enjoy English and History.

But now I think that has changed. I'm not sure what I want to major in yet still.... and maybe God's plan to place me in another country was to show me how much I didn't quite realize about myself. Maybe that sounds crazy.

I'm okay with sounding crazy. I'm okay if you think I'm completely loonely, but the fact of the matter is this: I love that I can for the most part understand a language. Adore it actually. Maybe when I come back home I will not only continue my journey in the German language, but maybe start a new voyage with Spanish. It is a world language also, and then maybe I'll move on to Chinese.....haha. Just kidding. I want to master the German language first, and then move slowly into Spanish. And all I have to do to make Spanish fluent is go to Texas for a little while. Bahahaha. (Just kidding....kind of.)

I know for sure with two months here that international relations is my calling. I thrive on this, and on the newness. And I am always amused by the culture, but who wouldn't be. I am starting to see how much I adore children too. Don't get me wrong, I knew I enjoyed kids, but I thought that was only from always trying to make money. Boy was I wrong. I get such a joy from see new life and God's beautiful creation. It makes my day.

I'll keep searching for what God wants in my life, but I know that kids and languages are two of my greatest passions. And of course being in the center of God's will is the biggest goal I have, and not only being there, but staying there also.

So, so far in this journey: it's Jesus, then kids, and then languages. My three greatest passions. And now I just need to get after things, and finish homework from last week. (I was sick. Don't think I was just slacking.) The Lord is the God of the Universe. He sustains me even when I don't think He's here. How cool is that! He shows us what we need, when we need it, and strips us clean of all the unneccesary things in our life. And He takes us to different places to show us what He wants our lives to be about.

Taking His LOVE with me everywhere I go,
Michelle.

No comments:

Post a Comment