Saturday, April 3, 2010

Scream your heart out.

I had a great time in Langeoog this past week with my host family. Langeoog is a little island off the Northwestern coast of Germany in the North Sea, and it's dang stinking cold. No cars are allowed, and every one greets one another with "moin." I think I rode a bicycle more this past week than I have in my entire life, but it was so much fun just getting a chance to spend time with my family there. This is a memory that not many people will get to say they experienced in their life, and I am so honored for the privelage of getting to take part in another part of the German culture.

One morning I decided to go to the beach early while on Langeoog, and before I left I just felt an urge to take my Bible with me. Sadly, I decided against bringing it with me, and this particular morning I just felt that God had something to say to me about his redeeming love. (It's insane that over a year later I'm still hung up on this love concept. Even after a camp that I experienced in June of last year where God's love was so real and big to me. It still is a touchy subject.) Needless to say, my morning on the beach was a peaceful one. One where I just listened to the birds chirpping and the waves crashing, and heard some where in the whisper of the wind the scripture that says something to the effect of "if you don't sing my praises, the rocks of the earth will". Don't ask me for a refference, I don't know where it is. But I heard God's creation singing praises to their king.

I leave in four days to finish out my Spring Break 2010 to go to London with two very good friends from school. We are all very excited about seeing London, and just hanging out together. :)

"My life doesn't belong to Germany, but it doesn't belong to America either."
Searching for my place,
-Michelle

2 comments:

  1. Michelle i loved this blog today, Love i think may be a foggy thing for awhile. I know for me it has been. I like your last line, I know you are searching for ur place but i believe that God has maybe made ur heart like this so that he can place u anywhere in the world and know that u will be ok if he calls you to another place, and you will be able to make friends and feel at home easily. always remember to be thankful for the small stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Schelly Bean, that was beautiful. I love and miss you. And I'm with Lauren. (:

    ReplyDelete